Position: Project Manager
Project: Caribbean Mobile Innovation Project (CMIP)
Location: CARICOM (minimum of 6 countries)
Duration: 1 – 2 Years
Expected Start Date: May 2016
Contract Type: One (1) Year Renewable
Duty Station: Kingston
Deadline: April 22, 2016 at 05:00 pm (GMT -5)
The Caribbean Mobile Innovation Project (CMIP), being managed by a University of the West Indies (UWI) Consortium, with funding support from the Government of Canada administered through infoDev-World Bank, is seeking to appoint a Project Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Manager has the responsibility of providing managerial leadership to the overall project and will manage the implementation, execution and expansion of the regional Caribbean Mobile Innovation Project (CMIP) across at least 6 partner Caribbean countries.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and able to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and skills in negotiation and conflict resolution, as well as in organizational administration and planning.
The candidate should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- A business degree or a business oriented degree in science or engineering from a recognised educational institution.
- Strong knowledge and experience of mobile industry ecosystem, and preferably a strong interest in mobile applications development and content targeting emerging markets.
- Active involvement in technology start-up or developer communities, initiatives and/or other activities supporting the development of mobile innovation ecosystems.
- Strong mobile and entrepreneurial experience, preferably having developed mobile applications and started and/or run a business.
- 5 years of management experience and/or a proven track record of general management
- Proven leadership skills and an ability to motivate and lead teams and engender trust, both locally and through online environments.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment to be able to interact with stakeholders in the region at different levels.
- Project Management Certification would be an asset or have worked on a large scale project.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The position is for an initial period of 12 months, subject to renewal.
Please send a CV and a covering letter indicating your suitability for this assignment and your proposal on how to conduct it, to UWI Consulting Inc. (email@example.com ). Make sure to write the following on your Subject line: “Application for Manager – Caribbean Mobile Innovation Project”. The deadline to apply is April 22, 2016 05:00 PM, GMT-5.